Monday, February 9, 2009

Stronger everyday

It's cool to notice the daily improvements in my body's healing. In the past 48 hours I did a solid 30 minutes of laps and then 35 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. I keep adding on time and intensity to my workouts, and my foot is handling it well. Best of all, my knee is getting better, so I'm handling the stairs more normally. I barely have a limp or hobble at all. [side note: Gladys beat me during a race, so that shows you how much slower I am in the pool.]

Ok, I'm still not so quick when it comes to walking, and I feel the pins in my foot at odd moments. Swimming in the pool is when I can feel the stuff in my foot the most...it is a very weird sensation. I hope this goes away with time.

The nearby yoga studio has a special one on one offering for people who are healing/have chronic pain. It's pretty reasonable in terms of price, and that way I can ease into yoga in a supportive environment. My body is very stiff from the inactivity, and no amount of massage is really going to get in there. I know yoga does. This Sat. I hope to meet the director to figure out next steps. It is a short walk from the house, so I'm psyched that this is really accessible too.

I think this is a really awesome way to start out a new year...focusing on my health.

1 comment:

  1. Just experienced my first "restorative yoga" pose this Wednesday... I Highly recommend it!
    Looking forward to seeing you in a month!
    Luvs!
    ~A

    ReplyDelete