Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend wrapping up

So we had a fairly quiet weekend. Here are few things I accomplished. Most stuff I haven't done since the surgery.

-worked in the garden and planted up one of my pots with some winter-interest plants from Garden Fever. Yeah!!! Strolled around to inspect the plants. You can see the tiny garlic coming up. Very exciting. We are going to have a lot of garlic.

-went to church and saw our new temporary priest-helper. He is very cute. I don't think this is a sin. I hope not. God was the one who made him so cute. Maybe it is because I'm so used to seeing old men as priests that to see some young hunky Latino guy is a shock.

-brought flowers for the Virgen de Guadalupe to thank her for the successful surgery and healing.

-went to the gym for the first time in ages and did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer. It was not too bad, considering.

-made a fantastic chicken soup with veggies and orzo. Fantastic is Federico's assessment. It is pretty darn good. Took some soup over to Amanda's with one of my blooming paperwhites.

-went to library to get very funny quirky HBO comedy "Flight of the Conchords"....loved it. One of my staff comedy picks.

-did moxa on my foot, did my PT exercises (can we said a bitch?), put ice on my ankle, which is a bit swollen.

All in all, it was so wonderful to return to my routine, even though I'm not back to full strength, as they say. I appreciate the ability to walk and use my body. It is humbling and hard not to be able to walk at my normal speed (which I always thought was not terribly fast, but now I consider to be lightening-like). You have to resist the urge to look backward when you are recovering from surgery. It only brings frustration and disappointment. Not useful emotions.

2 comments:

  1. hey Rita,
    I'm glad youre feeling better and are able to do the things you love to do. Haha sometimes i think some seminarians are cute, its not a sin its natural to be attracted to cute guys. It would only be a sin if like a person tried to tempt them or something weird like that, which of course neither one of us would do.
    who is federico?
    miss ya
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who is Federico?" Cindy asks... You are SOOOOO Busted, Mujer!
    Okay, about Your Post:
    * Love that you love gardening. I have no patience for it at this time in my life; maybe some day...
    * No sin to notice someone's beauty: Probably a sin not to notice. =]
    * 30 min on the elliptical is Amazing! I can't even do TEN and I'm not recovering from surgery!
    * Haven't seen "Flight of the Concords" but will if you recommend it... Did you see any of the movies I recommended? What did you think?
    * When recovering from surgery, I think it's okay to look back: but only like a week or so. Then you'll realize how far you've come! =]
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete