Saturday, February 28, 2009

Signs of spring









Here are some of the flowers blooming right now in our garden. Inside I've been forcing paperwhites for a couple of months in recycled glass candle containers. I've always got 6 or so such candles on the atlar, and once they're done the container has a 2nd life as a vase! They smell heavenly.

These crocus are planted around the popular bird bath, and besides the new daphne that is blooming, these are the first flowers of the season. Purple is my passion, so look forward to a lot more purple in the months to come!

3 comments:

  1. We loved looking at the beautiful flowers. You really have a green thumb!!
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I can hardly wait until all the tulips and other bulbs come up.

    This is the time of the year in the garden where the anticipation is INTENSE! I promise lots more photos as things emerge and bloom. Too bad blogs don't have a way to smell what you are viewing.

    Last fall I planted some new bulbs, so it will be a surprise to see how it all looks.

    ReplyDelete