Saturday, February 7, 2009

Vacation plans


One of my fun daydreamy activities has been thinking about warmer weather and summer plans. On the horizon is an August weekend trip to Breitenbush hot springs for Fede and I, sans child. It is one of my favorite places in Oregon...beautiful old growth forest, hot springs tucked amid the trees, and a rustic hippy lodge and cabins with veggie food served (so no lugging a camping stove).

I'm also planning on a trip to the Oregon coast, to Kanetah Resort (in the OR high desert) - which is Gladys' favorite vacation spot. She loves it because it has her 2 favorite things - horseriding (see her and her dad enjoying the ride) and a big pool with an slide. I love the pool and horses too, and I plan on checking out the spa this time around.

Of course, day trips to Sauvie Island for picking fruit and corn are a given. We love visiting the farms and eating berries in the fields.

1 comment:

  1. How about sunny Tucson? Next Month?
    Highs in the 70s, sunny, swimming every day if you want! =]

    ReplyDelete