Friday, February 13, 2009

Getting ready for V-day

I stopped off at Alma chocolates to get Federico a Valentine's day chocolate - an edible heart that says amor. They make exquisite edible works of art - laughing Buddhas, the Virgen de Guadalupe, etc.---all made out of dark chocolate and coated in gold.

I treated myself to a tiny chocolate - a lavender salted caramel. It was fantastic. They have these amazing combinations...one had chile de arbol. I almost got that one.

I'm not going to deprive myself of a treat now and then....becoming a food Nazi is not my idea of happiness or health.

Here is a link so you can get an idea of the artistry:

http://www.almachocolate.com

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous website (almachocolate)... I want chocolate like that. I've not yet experienced the salted caramel phenomenon but I'm sure I'd love it. Glad you're not a food Nazi. It's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Sister!
    I think the chile de arbol sounds exquisite! I'll be sure to have some today in celebration...
    Regarding the whole Food_Nazi thing, Becky has encouraged me to redirect my attention for food toward something else. I picked Yoga breathing and water. Can't have too much of that!
    (I'll let you know how it goes).
    Loves!
    ~A

    ReplyDelete