Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Soup report

After an hour long workout I headed into the kitchen to finish up the root vegetable soup I started yesterday. It is a keeper...sunny and spicy (thanks to a chunk of minced ginger and a cinnamon stick), this soup is also very low in fat and vegetarian (although a bit of chicken would be nice too). I think that some lite coconut milk would give it a Thai flair, but I tend to stick to the recipe for my initial debut of a recipe. Now let's see if Federico likes it. He wasn't wild about the spinach soup. He did love the spicy Dutch lentil soup. I know that he enjoys vegetarian food, as many of our meals are meatless.

My foot is doing ok. Not great. I feel a fair amount of tightness and the occasional twinge of pain, and I wonder if this is just part of the healing process and my increasing activity. Every week is a new physical experience, so I'm trying to just be open and not freak out.

Good news is that my plantar fascia is subsiding, thanks to daily ice baths (oh, you can't imagine the discomfort of submerging your foot is a big bowl of ice and water!). I realize that I haven't blogged about my other foot problem (in the foot that didn't have surgery), because I only seem to be able to mentally focus on one problem at a time.

1 comment:

  1. How about a heads up on the problem w/your other foot. We didn't realize you were having a problem w/the other foot.
    We love the music on your blog!!
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete