Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sweet sunny Sunday

This weekend's been a good one...started with accupuncture on Friday. Then we took the pizza fiend (oh, I mean Gladys) to Dove Vivi, a sweet deep dish pizzeria tucked away in a little strip mall in NE. The service was friendly and helpful, as Gladys asked assorted questions about pizza ingredients (she's very particular). She squealed with excitement, and fortunately the wait staff were totally cool with that...

Fede and I ordered some fabulous salads, and then the pizza was fantastic. I'm not a huge pizza fan, but this was awesome. We ordered 1/2 of a vegan pizza, and it was SO GOOD. The carmelized roasted vegetables and creamy tofu were delectable, so who needs cheese and meat? Gladys had her pepperoni, mushroom and cheese pizza....bliss would be about the right adjective.

http://www.dovevivi.com

Saturday was a good one. We went swimming, and I'm definitely getting faster and less fearful in the pool. Later on I had my first ever private yoga class, which exceeded my expectations. There is a team of 3 instructors who are working together to design a yoga practice for my tight and healing body...Anastasia was low-key and encouraging, and the class was a good mix of challenging and relaxing. I'm trying not to be judgemental about where my body is at or compare myself to past yoga-days in my 20s or 30s when I was more flexible....though it is not easy.

I love the studio itself -- cozy, with plants and big windows. Of all the things I'm doing to get myself back to full mobility and health, I think this class is going to be one of the most important things. It's interesting to compare it to PT (which I do once a week), which is great, but doesn't look at things holistically enough and doesn't address breath or relaxation. Yoga is also WAY cheaper, so I'm contemplating backing away from PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment