Friday, February 6, 2009

The weekend arrives

The excitement of the day was getting Gladys and going out for pizza, her absolute favorite food. We tried a restaurant in our neighborhood I'd be wanting to try for ages...Firehouse. They have a wood oven for the pizza and a wood-fired rotissiere for the chicken (my food of choice). One of the cooks is someone who knows Federico, so she comped up a lovely pizza margherita as a starter. Gladys devoured more pizza than I thought possible for a 9 year old. It was all delicious -- I loved the argula salad, and I'm not easily wowed by salads. I definitely did not follow the anti-inflammatory diet today. I ate some pizza, a decaf with cream, and some of the dessert...an orange currant cake.

We talked about what we are going to plant in the garden. Rather I asked Gladys what she wanted to plant, and she listed off a long list of plants -- she wants a butterfly and hummingbird garden, plus a cherry tree, watermelons, melons, potatos, tomatos, zinnias, roses, sunflowers, tulips, daisies...She also told me she wanted to grow water in the garden....Other things on the wish list include: dog, birds, parrots, trampoline, slide, a little sister or brother, a puddle...gosh.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT time!
    And I love her list of things to grow in a garden. I have a similar list, but no gumption (or the adequate hydration) to do it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! I've got the itch to garden this spring, too, though my garden consists mainly of cacti and succulents. My thumb's not very green.

    ReplyDelete