Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anti-inflammatory diet

So it dawned on me that not everyone knows about the joys of the anti-inflammatory diet I keep writing about....

I remember when my naturopath first gave me the diet last fall, and I looked it over and thought...what on earth CAN you eat?? Actually once you get started, get motivated, and focus on what you CAN have, it is not bad. I've lost weight, have a lot of energy (today I was up for a 6 am dance class and then went for a 30 min. swim this evening), have been remarkable healthy and healed quickly from surgery.

I've been a huge fan of Dr. Andrew Weil for over 20 years, and he has a nice Food Pyramid that breaks it all down. In a nutshell, you can eat veggies, fruit, organic meats, specific grains (brown rice and quinoa), beans, herbal teas, and tofu/soy products. Everything else is really not a good idea. I love the visuals of the pyramid, so if that is how you learn, this will work for you.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02995/Dr-Weil-Anti-Inflammatory-Food-Pyramid.html

No comments:

Post a Comment