Saturday, April 4, 2009

Busy sunny day


It was an action-packed fun day with Gladys. We took her to her first Tae Kwan Doe class, and she was fantastic....she loved it. I was impressed with the teachers, who were really encouraging, no-nonense, and playful. Then we went to Dishman, where I worked out and they went swimming.

Later on we went to the nursery to pick up veggie starts. I had Gladys pick out some veggies she likes, and her favorite was watercress. Tomorrow is planting day!

Then we went to yoga class, and everytime I looked over at her she made a face or stuck out her tongue trying to get me to laugh, which I did. It made for a very light kind of a yoga class to have a child making me giggle throughout it.

Then for the piece de resistance. We went to Spoil Me Salon for her first manicure and pedicure. It is one of the nicest nail salons I've been to....ever. And I've been to a lot of nail salons. Immaculate, new and elegantly decorated. The massage chairs rocked. A large screen TV plays relaxing music. They have tea for customers, and the prices were competitive for the quality of the salon.

Here is Ms. Gladys enjoying the experience. I managed to keep it a total surprise until the moment we walked up to the salon. Keeping a surprise is not my strength. She was really surprised. I loved watching her face when she turned on the massage chair. Somethings are priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Must have been in the cosmic energy: Dad got a mani/pedi today, too. If you had told me when we were growing up that our out-doorsey, Machismo Dad were going to be getting manicures, I would have said you were crazy.
    I'm glad we are all learning how important it is to take care of ourselves and treat ourselves well. Yay!

    ReplyDelete