Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Obamas overseas


As the global economy continues its slide into the abyss (I never thought I could get away with writing such a sentence and not be exaggerating), we watch the world's leaders of the largest economies come together in London. Since they are all about propping up an inherently unjust and irrational system, I'm not feeling the love or confidence.

However I am delighted to say that I'm actually proud of our representative at these gatherings. He's smart and is approaching global diplomacy with a more layered and collaborative approach (no more wading into quagmires like a Marlboro cowboy), and gosh, do they make a handsome couple!

Here is one of my favorite blogs, which I follow daily when I can. I know that the First Lady is about way more than her clothes, but I can't resist the elegant way she combines her message with an authentic and attractive deli every. She's from a working-class Black family, and now Michelle gets to break stereotypes every single day. It's awesome and inspiring to watch.

http://www.mrs-o.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment