Saturday, April 18, 2009

A spring weekend

After starting my Friday with a nearly symptom-free 2 mile walk, my PT session left my foot aching in pain the entire day. I came home after work to ice and elevate, which helped some. Whatever I did was too much. Some aching afterwards is fine, but zinging pain and throbbing hours afterwards isn't.

Today was a gorgeous day, so I spent some time in the garden planting dahlias and spinach starts. If 1/2 of the all veggies planted make it we shall be swimming in vegetables. I also have divided up some oregano and moved it to a better location. The extra divisions are in pots, because I'm planning on making some gift pots of herbs. Tomorrow I want to finish planting the kale starts and asters. I've been longing for gorgeous purple asters for the garden for a couple of years now, and I finally got a couple at Portland Nursery. Tomorrow I promise to post photos, as all the tulips and daffodils are in their glory. The garden is a mish-mash of color -- yellow, blues, reds, purples, pinks, orange.

Other highlights included watching Gladys at her taekwando class, going swimming (delicious for the poor foot), taking Gladys and her girlfriend Sabrina out for ice cream (we ate this before lunch......), then home to make our famous homemade pizza for a late lunch/early dinner. I made a gluten and dairy-free pizza for myself that was quite good. I got the pizza crust from the New Cascadia bakery earlier in the week. I loved their whole grain bread and ginger cookies....I don't want to feel deprieved.

Then I dropped off the girls at church with Fede so I could get my hour of yoga bliss. Wow. It's amazing how one hour of yoga helped with the tightness and pain. I love my yoga teacher....she's smart, kind, knows just how far to push, and does a heavenly thing during corpse pose. She rubs essential oil on my neck and temples.....it is divine. I'm tempted to cancel all my PT and just focus on yoga. It's challenging, yet doesn't leave me in pain.

I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep after the swimming and yoga. My body feels relaxed and energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment