Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dance and garden fever

Started my day at the early hour of 5.30 a.m. to get ready for zumba...which was great. Dance is as much a mental workout as a physical one. Learning the steps is a great brain exercise. Then did an intense 30 minutes on the treadmill (speed ranging from 2.0 to 2.6 and incline of 15). My toe was feeling it.

Then headed to the garden to plant some signet marigold seeds, which were a total hit last year. I had them lining a path....beautiful, fragrant, easy, and held up for months of blooming. Also planted some strawflowers, which I've never had in the garden....in a hot corner around the dahlias and lilies. Let's see how they do.

Took some photos, which I PROMISE will come loaded very soon. I realize I need to take some "before" shots, so that we can appreciate the "after" when things kick into blooming, not just the pretty tulips and dafs that are in full glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment