Sunday, April 12, 2009

More food

So I'm in the middle of baking up some lamb shanks for Easter dinner at Nanci's. This is a new recipe from the British chef who prepared the G-20 repast. I ususally don't experiment with new recipes for guests, and I'm not a big one for celebrity chefs, but I decided to break out of my cooking habits a bit.

This recipe is full of fresh herbs, all of which grow in our garden. Thyme, sage, rosemary....soon I'll be able to say that I'm using garlic from the garden, but it is not quite yet harvest time. Store-bought will have to do. It also is blissfully easy. You make a herb butter, wrap the shank in a aluminum cocoon of veggies and herbs, and let it cook for a couple of hours. I don't see how this can't work. It is kinda of like the grown-up version of our Girl Scouts pocket stew.

Stay tuned for a recipe link and photos later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment