Thursday, April 2, 2009

Health update

I'm doing well overall....back into the gym, swimming, yoga, and best of all...my zumba dance classes (I'll blog on that another time!). The downside is that my foot definitely is hurting at times, which the doctor says is about my range of motion (ROM). I'm going to see him next week, and he said he will numb my foot to do the ROM (I guess he's tired of my tears and begging to stop). Fede has been playing the role of the doc at home, but a bit less brutal. I wince and just deep breath and go to my happy place.

It's frustrating at times, since I'm pretty faithful in doing my PT and ROM exercises. I've decided to persist and be patient. It's only been 4 months since the surgery, and those fractures are still healing.

I'm striving to stick to the anti-inflammatory diet, which is a whole new way of grocery shopping and eating out. I'm learning how to hone in on recipes that work, as well as identify crackers and other foods that follow the diet.

Yesterday Fede made the best salmon, salad and brussel sprouts. Combine that with fish oil and lots of vitamins....I'm definitely at my healthiest in terms of my habits.

1 comment:

  1. You're an inspiration, Ree.
    I wish I could eat healthy like you and Nanci; maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete