Monday, April 27, 2009

Springtime







Here are some pixs from the garden, featuring spinach, daffs, some of the tulips (which are crazy happy...I need to divide them this year), grape hyacinths (ditto), and the main bed of garlic.

I promise to continue to post updated shots, so you can see the ever evolving garden. The daffodil bed was planted up with lots of flower seeds on Sunday, so it should be pretty awesome in a month or two. I still need to plant the zinnia seeds to finish it off. I've tried to plant the tallest flowers against the tree (sunflowers) and descend to the shortest at the edge. Let's see how it all turns out. I see gardening like a painting. You try to blend form and color into a work of art. A seasonal work that slugs can eat, if you aren't careful.

2 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing!
    I looked at them the other day but didn't have time to comment; what strikes me the most is how black the earth is. Today we did yoga in the "grass" and I kept thinking what a different experience it would be if the "grass" were green and not the crisp-yellow-and-brown-tuffs sitting on the pale-brown-dirt. Just a different reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says he loved the pictures of the tulips. He never had seen garlic plants before. Pretty amazing - looks like onion plants. Dad wants to know if you use the stalk of the garlic plants?

    ReplyDelete