Monday, April 6, 2009

Health update

I had another appt. with the doctor today, to talk about the foot pain and check out the ROM. He said he was pleased with my progress...which is where it should be. The pain is a normal part of the healing bones and also me pushing the toe to really bend (walking up hills, etc.) He wants to see me in three weeks, and I'm pretty encouraged that I'm making the progress he wants/expects to see. I definitely think that Fede's help with the ROM exercises is making the difference. He really pushes my toe hard, but the nice part is that he also massages the whole foot in between the painful pushes with massage oil. He also let's me swear and yawn and yell.

The doc also wants me to increase the incline on the treadmill, which is a good way for me to bend the toe and get an aerobic workout. A twofer. The other thing I want to do with this blog is track my treadmill progress. Today I did 30 minutes at the full blast of incline 15 at 2.0 miles per hour. I was sweaty at the end, although it didn't seem that hard at the start aerobically. My toe was definitely feeling it. The good news is that my ankle is not so sore and painful, because I'm not walking on the outside of my foot as much and pressing more on the toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment